Memory Care Near Me | ActivCare Living Residential Memory Care
At ActivCare Living we understand that coming to the decision to place a loved one with Alzheimer’s or related dementias into a memory care community is not easy. This is precisely why experience matters when helping you navigate your options while making this difficult decision for your loved one. For more than 30 years, we have been providing exceptional memory care for our residents and peace of mind for their families. Through our experience, we have encountered many of the challenges that families face and can provide insight and guidance to help make the best decision regarding loved ones. If you have found yourself searching for “memory care near me,” we welcome you to schedule a visit at a community nearest you to learn more about the ActivCare approach to caring for individuals with memory loss and related conditions.
Experienced Memory Care
We have been specializing in memory care for more than 30 years and we have learned: If you have met one person with dementia, you have met one person with dementia. Each person is different, and each situation is unique. Our approach at ActivCare is to get to know the individual, evaluate health concerns, assess the care needs, and understand the situation. We do this by asking questions, meeting the prospective residents and families, and becoming an advocate for their care with medical professionals.
We understand that placing a loved one is someone else’s care can be difficult. Our experienced staff can be a resource and help you find the best care options.
Top 10 Reasons To Choose ActivCare
- More than 30 years of experience caring for those with Alzheimer’s or related dementias by the company that pioneered residential memory care in California.
- Licensed nurse scheduled on-site at the community 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Bright, homelike environments that are specially designed for memory care including themed wayfinding and inviting outdoor courtyards.
- Compassionate caregivers are specially trained to care for those with memory loss.
- Purposeful activity program designed to enhance quality of life.
- Nurse case management and comprehensive assessments provided to each resident and their family.
- Straightforward, affordable monthly rates that combine accommodations and care.
- Enjoyable respite care for short-term stays.
- Active family involvement and special community social events.
- Wellness monitoring: weight & nutrition, ambulation & mobility, medications, illness and incontinence management.
What is Memory Care and how do you assist with conditions like Alzheimer's and Dementia?
Memory Care is a specialized type of assisted living specifically designed for those with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias. These senior living communities are licensed by the Department of Social Services as Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly. The specific purpose of memory care communities is to provide a safe and secure environment for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementia. Our caregivers are specially trained to care for those with memory loss and our days are structured in a way to help provide our residents with familiar routines.
Our Community Approach
ActivCare has been helping those with Alzheimer’s and related dementias for over 30 years in California. Our founder, W. Major Chance was dedicated to improving the conditions for those with memory loss, and his efforts helped lead to the first state legislation in California to allow for secured perimeters in assisted living environments, in turn increasing safety and security at communities across the state, including ActivCare Living.
Each ActivCare community encompasses three elements: a specially designed residential environment, an engaging and appropriate activity program, and a team of compassionate, specially trained caregivers.
Based on an adult care model, our structured activity program is engaging, varied and comprehensive. We offer opportunities for residents to exercise physical, creative, social, and cognitive abilities every day. Our team leaders encourage resident involvement providing purpose and building self-esteem.
Our Approach to Memory Care:
- Specially designed communities that provide a welcoming, residential environment that is safe and secure and easy to navigate.
- An activity program designed to engage residents, at every stage of the disease, and promote their self-esteem—restoring feelings of usefulness and increasing their ability to celebrate life in their own special way.
- Daily routines and schedules are planned to provide purpose that focuses energy and anxiety into meaningful participation while minimizing wandering and restlessness.
- Highly trained and compassionate caregivers, including a licensed nurse, are scheduled on-site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our Care Providers
Our communities are staffed around the clock (24/7/365) to assist residents. Caregivers are hired for their compassionate nature and receive extensive training to care for those with memory loss. In addition, our teams receive ongoing training to keep them up to date on the most recent developments in caring for those with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementias. Additionally, we schedule a licensed nurse on site and available to our residents at all communities 24 hours a day.
Our Memory Care Facilities
We have memory care communities throughout Southern California, from Long Beach down to San Diego. If you are searching for memory care in California, contact an ActivCare Living Community near you. We can help.