Residents Living in an ActivCare Community
Benefit in Many Ways
- Because the perimeters are secured, the residents often enjoy their freedom to move about, which helps decrease agitation.
- The activity-based program actually helps decrease wandering behavior by focusing residents' attention and interest into positive outlets.
- Psychotropic medications are often times reduced, increasing residents' alertness and activeness, which can be focused into meaningful activities.
- The social settings and routines of meal times help residents enjoy dining and intake may actually improve.
- The reduced pressure to "fit in" or "behave" helps decrease depression and catastrophic reactions, which may have been prevalent in the home setting.
- Residents many times sleep better and develop patterns of rest as a result of the busy daily schedule in ActivCare.
- Toileting routines and habits developed with staff assistance helps reduce incontinence.
- New residents may experience a period of transition that may last one to four weeks, but then adjust well to their new home.