- Resident Fact Sheet - Information About the Flu, COVID, and Pneumonia
- Resident Fact Sheet - Assisting Residents with Voting
- Resident Fact Sheet - Updated Guidance on Coronavirus Disease 2019
- Resident Fact Sheet - Assisting Residents with Telehealth Visits
Since the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has now been declared a National Emergency, we wanted to let you know the steps that have been taken to protect the safety of our residents and our team members here at ActivCare:
- In accordance with new regulations from the Governor, visitors to the community are limited to essential medical and health care personnel and family members of those residents in end-of-life stages.
- Family member visits are generally limited to one hour in a designated area of the community. Visiting hours for those approved visitors are reduced. Please check with the community for their updated hours.
- All visitors entering the building will receive the same COVID-19 (coronavirus) screening questions and body temperature checks, utilizing our Accushield kiosks at the front reception area, prior to entering the community.
- Before entering the community, all visitors must comply with our hand washing procedures. Handwashing education and awareness will continue to be communicated and stressed to all team members, visiting medical personnel, and family members while in the community.
- All essential visitors will be required to wear a face mask while in the community.
- Every ActivCare community has instituted body temperature checks, hand washing, and COVID-19 (coronavirus) screening questions for every ActivCare team member prior to each shift and before entering the resident areas.
- Hand sanitizers are located throughout the community. Team members, visitors, and medical staff are directed to use these stations regularly.
- The frequency and scope of cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants have been expanded to all tables, hard surfaces and touchpoints in the community during each shift.
- We have instituted a schedule of regular hand washing of all of our residents throughout our communities.
- All residents will have their temperature checked at each shift and be assessed daily for symptoms of COVID-19. We will follow the treatment protocols recommended by public health officials and the CDC.
- We are respecting the social distancing guidelines throughout the community.
Our goal is to ensure that our valued residents receive compassionate care from our team members. After the recent school closures, we have implemented flexible policies and creative solutions to ensure that our dependable workforce can continue to fulfill their ActivCare duties, while still meeting their own familial obligations.
Our dining and activity programs have been modified to meet the updated State of California Community Care Licensing recommendations, while still continuing to engage and involve the residents. We will monitor the Centers for Disease and Prevention (CDC) for updated recommendations and new information and implement accordingly.
Our focus is on protecting our vulnerable resident population and our valuable team members. We appreciate your continued support as we navigate through this unprecedented national health crisis. We are committed to continuing to keep you informed of policy updates and progress.
Todd A. Shetter
Chief Operating Officer