ActivCare's Senior Vet Benefit Assist Program helps qualified veterans, and their surviving spouses, by making it possible to afford care and services in an Assisted Living setting with a Veterans Affairs pension.
Senior Vet Benefit Assist helps qualified individuals navigate the often complicated and frustrating application process for the Department of Veterans Affairs statutory pension for health care" Aid and Attendance.
Accessing benefits through the VA Aid and Attendance offers your loved one access to much needed care and services in an assisted living setting. Care and services that previously may not have been attainable are now affordable.
An Introduction To VA Aid and Attendance Pension
The VA Aid and Attendance Pension was established to assist qualified veterans, and their surviving spouses, to receive financial benefits outside of the traditional VA residential system.
Aid and Attendance is a mandatory pension and is not subject to partisan spending or discretionary federal budget cuts. In 2005, this program was funded by Congress at $3.8 billion.
Aid and Attendance was established in 1952 and provides a direct monthly pension benefit to purchase long-term care.
The major obstacle to obtaining Aid and Attendance is the long and complicated application process. Health Care Group's partnership streamlines this process.
How Much Assistance Is Available? The 2015 maximum monthly amounts are:
Single Veteran: $1,788
Married Veteran: $2,120 (Married veteran & spouse)
Two Veterans Married: $2,837
Surviving Spouse: $1,149
Does Your Loved One Qualify?
1. Age 65+ and Unable to Work
2. Military Service - A minimum of 90 days active duty military service with at least one day of service during a period of national conflict.
3. Medical Need - Medical diagnosis requiring assistance with two or more activities of daily living.
4. Comparison of Monthly Income & Qualified Medical Expenses - The medical expenses at the assisted living community should exceed the veteran/surviving spouses' monthly income.
5. Limited Liquid Assets - Savings, CDs, etc.
Thank you for the care and concern you and your staff gave my mother while she was living at ActivCare. It made things easier knowing she was being taken care of and her needs were being provided for.” —Daughter of ActivCare Resident